With the rapidly developing awareness of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continuing to unfold, OSMC holds the well-being and health of our patients, employees and community as our uppermost priority. Our office is continually reviewing and adjusting our policies to follow recommendations and restrictions from KDHE, Manhattan Surgical Hospital and Ascension Via Christi. Below are changes OSMC is implementing regarding COVID-19.
- Only the patient with a scheduled appointment is permitted in our office. If the patient is a minor, they may be accompanied by both parents. Every person entering the building will be screened, which can be reviewed below, and temperature taken.
- If you need to pick up or drop off documents, please remain in your vehicle and call our office upon your arrival. We will send an employee out to you.
- Ortho On-Call will be closed until June 1, 2020
- Elective surgeries will resume April 23 for outpatient procedures and May 4 for inpatient procedures.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Patient Screening updates:
Within the past 14 days:
Have you received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19?
Have you received notification from public health officials (state or local) or your doctor that you tested positive for COVID-19?
Have you been advised to self-quarantine or self-isolate due to possible exposure?
- Have you traveled internationally or previously been told by Public Health to quarantine because of international travel?
- Have you traveled on a cruise ship?
- Have you traveled to New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Maryland?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? *Cough *Difficulty Breathing *Fever *Chills *Muscle pain *Headache *Sore throat *New loss of taste or smell
- Does anyone in your household have a Fever?
- Are you or anyone in your household waiting for COVID-19 test results?
We ask that if you can answer “Yes” to any of the above questions, to please contact our office to reschedule your appointment. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend you call the Riley County COVID-19 hotline at 785-323-6400.