OSMC holds the well-being and health of our patients, employees and community as our uppermost priority. Our office is continually reviewing and adjusting our policies to follow recommendations and restrictions from KDHE, RCHD, Manhattan Surgical Hospital and Ascension Via Christi. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with following the current OSMC guidelines, to ensure a safe environment for our patients and employees.
Here are the current OSMC guidelines regarding COVID-19:
- The patient with a scheduled appointment and 1 guest is permitted in our office. The guest will need to remain in their vehicle until the patient is roomed, at which time the guest may join the patient.
- If the patient is a minor, they may be accompanied by both parents. We ask at this time you do not bring any siblings to the appointment.
- Every person entering the building will be screened, which is reviewed below, and temperature taken.
- We recommend that patients and their guests wear a mask when entering the building.
- If you need to pick up or drop off documents, please remain in your vehicle and call our office, 785-537-4200, upon your arrival. We will send an employee out to you.
- Ortho On-Call is currently closed.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Patient Screening:
Within the past 14 days:
- Have you received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you received notification from public health officials (state or local) or your doctor that you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been advised to self-quarantine or self-isolate due to possible exposure?
- Are you or anyone in your household waiting for COVID-19 test results?
- Have you traveled internationally or previously been told by Public Health to quarantine because of international travel?
- Have you traveled on a cruise ship?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? *Cough *Difficulty Breathing *Fever *Chills *Muscle pain *Headache *Sore throat *New loss of taste or smell
- Does anyone in your household have a Fever?
We ask that if you can answer “Yes” to any of the above questions, to please contact our office to reschedule your appointment. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend you call the Riley County COVID-19 hotline at 785-323-6400. We again thank you for your understanding and cooperation with following the current OSMC guidelines, as together we continue to maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Vaccinated Patient and COVID Screening Protocol
Effective Monday, March 22, 2021
If a patient has received their full COVID vaccine (2 shot series or single Johnson and Johnson vaccine), the patient will not be required to complete the COVID Screening process if the following criteria is met.
- It has been at least 2 weeks since receiving the 2nd injection or the single injection, if vaccine was the Johnson and Johnson Single Shot.
- They present their vaccine card to our office