Kansas State University
University of Kansas School of Medicine (Kansas City)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) - Board Certified
- ABOS Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine (CAQ)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) - Sports Medicine Program Committee
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) - OLC Hip Arthroscopy Committee Member
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons (SOMOS)
- Team Physician for Kansas State University Athletics
Arthroscopic shoulder, hip, and knee reconstruction including hip arthroscopy for the treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and labral tears, shoulder replacement, cartilage restoration techniques (including MACI), and sports medicine injuries. He has considerable experience and interest in the management and prevention of throwing (ie. baseball) injuries at all levels of play.
He is a reviewer for the American Journal of Sports Medicine and the Journal of Arthroscopy. His research endeavors have been published and presented in several journals and national conferences and serves on the AAOS Sports Medicine program committee and the AANA Orthopaedic Learning Facility's Hip Arthroscopy Committee. He has been an invited instructor at a number of arthroscopic surgical training courses and is recognized as an Associate Master Instructor in arthroscopy for AANA.
About Dr. Gaskill
Prior to joining OSMC, Dr. Gaskill completed additional fellowship training in the operative and non-operative management of sports medicine injuries at Steadman Clinic in Vail, CO. He served on active duty as a sports medicine surgeon at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, a tertiary referral center and surgeon-training program for Navy medicine. While there he served as team physician for the east coast Naval Special Warfare (SEAL) community and acted as Chief, Section of Sports Medicine. Following his return to Manhattan he has served as a Team Physician for the Kansas State Athletic Department working primarily with the Football, Basketball, Baseball and Soccer teams.
Dr Gaskill is a native of Kansas. He and his wife and their three children enjoy serving the Manhattan community and enjoy the many activities the area has to offer.